Has a better chance of being of comprable quality to the others by the same band, Circa Survive’s Blue Sky Noise or Minus the Bears’s Omni?
York – Wilderness Medicine
There Went Nothing - Bells on Trike
Brutal Honesty – Bygones
Never Meant – American Football
It’s Easy-Eeeee To Be Full of Shit And Look Good In Black - Giraffes, Giraffes
My Sasquatch Stole Lint From My Bear’s Pocket – Trinitron Meets the Mars People
The Scariest Room in the House – The Speed of Sound in Seawater
Methuselah Rookie Card – Snowing
We Don’t Need Luck to Make It – Merchant Ships
Killing A Camera – Braid
Sarah Says We Didn’t Miss Much – Quebec
Keep It On The Download – North of America
Cut Self Not – Faraquet
Rhoda Valley Blues – King Guava
Plains, Trains, Places, & People – Penpal
Dog Looks Like You – Peter and Craig
Get Off Your Ass And Do Something – Peter and Craig
I Love My Friends – Peter and Craig
Let’s Laugh About It Later – So Many Dynamos
This Is What I Want – This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb
People II: The Reckoning – Andrew Jackson Jihad
Not Quite There Yet – Ape Up!
Caramel – Piglet
Daily News – Maps & Atlases
What They Made You Mean – Rockets And Blue Lights
Busy Being Bees – Monument
Ponyboy – Native
Austin’s House – Midwest Pen Pals
Your Werewolf Tatoo Would Look Better If You Took Your Shirt Off
You’re So Thrifty – Clarissa Explains it all
Donut Run – My Head in Clouds
I Am Orion – Lion of the North
It’s a post-rock show. Check it out. http://www.kruiradio.org/listen/
Boy Detective – Oceans
First Breath After Coma – Explosions in the Sky
Please Tokio, Please THIS IS TOKIO – Don Caballero
Death Rides A Horse – Russian Circles
Crawlspace – Caspian
Year of the Rat – Osso & Sufjan Stevens
Can I Get More Steel In My Monitors? – You.May.Die.In.The.Desert
Wind & Wing – Rumah Sakit
Your Ships Are Googlin’ Pretty Hard – Antarctic
Bring Back The Dagwood, Denny’s – Lone Wolf and Cub
Our Flowers – Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC Start
Radars Over The Ghosts Of Chernobyl – Lights Out Asia
My Autumn Reason – Elements of Something Really Beautiful
Irlanda – Neil On Impressionism
Hymn of Twilight – Followed By Ghosts
Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) – The Mars Volta
Goodbye - Toe
I cannot believe I haven’t posted this yet. This is probably my favorite band, or at least really close and their demo is free. I’m awaiting the full length that is supposedly coming out this summer with baited breath.
I try not to clutter feeds with lots of pictures, but come on.
This show was put together by Kyle. I’m stoked on it because there are a lot of new bands on here, some of which I’ve never listened to AND he threw in some local bands as well. Sweet.
There Ain’t No Can’t in America - Curl Up and Die
Hook, Line, and Sinker - Lord Green
We Are - Stand United
Plague - King Guava
Wiz-a-tron - Texas Instruments
The Machine - The Pax Cecilia
Composition One - note.
Creating Gods - Monarcs
The Bray of Bragging Tongues - Andtheywillriot!
Circus - Your Neighbour the Liar
Some Are White Light - Caspian
Like Lifetime Movies - Lizards Have Personalities
Vega - Explore
Suspended in Carbonite - Antarctica
Strike Hard - Casey Jones
Boy Detective - Oceans
…Passage - Constants
Some Millipedes Have Eyes - Logs
The Honshu Underground - No Trigger
Human Frustration - Osceola
Mathnxiety - Polina
Lost in the Headlights - Pelican
Ashen - Pyramids
Falling Down - Rhinoceros
Threads - This Will Destroy You
Act I: Chasing Suns - The Sound of Animals Fighting
Indian Summer - Riceboy Sleeps
Yelling like Native or the Reptilian with banjos. Kyle’s putting together the playlist this weekend, but if they’re not on his Sunday they will be on the show next Sunday
1. Around – Faraday
2. Curaga – Fang Island
3. Peter Pan – Oh, Apollo!
4. Slowly Moved On – Settlefish
5. Jeffcore5250IsSoMattDahl – DEERS!
6. Sex Is Popular – Ghosts and Vodka
7. Atomic – What Price, Wonderland?
8. The Scares of Tomorrow – Violent Breakfast
9. Jump Cut – Adebisi Shank
10. Of Conquest And Expansion – Antilles
11. I Found It – Cowboys Aren’t Indians
12. Give Me the Pen – Desaparecidos
13. Hulahoop Wounds – At the Drive-In
14. Horus Part Two – Druids
15. If There Was Any Wisdom Left They Would Send It Back – Men As Trees
16. Vivre – Mihai Edrisch
17. Time Stops – Explosions In The Sky
18. M.P.S. – Bear vs. Shark
19. Breath Wish – Algernon Cadwallader
20. Fivethousand – Calculator
21. Reflections Of A Heartless Man – Fire Team Charlie
22. Clusters – RAN
23. Amy Adams – The Speed of Sound in Seawater
24. Anchors Aweigh – Adorno
25. Japam – Botch
26. Forrest Green and Autumn – Rockets and Blue Lights
27. Cloud Watching – Shapes Like Dinosaurs
We’ve got local bands, bands that played yesterday in Iowa City, sweet bands, heavy bands, and bands for being sleepy. Check it out, the online stream is back up so there is NO EXCUSE. I also have pictures and reflections from Grown Ups coming shortly.
P.S. I promise I’m done messing with the layout.
This is a little lighter than most things that I play on my show, but it’s somewhat similar so I posted it here because it’s also amazing.
This is an anti-Valentine’s Day Show, so some of the bands aren’t necessarily what is normally played on the show but it should be really fun and good times will be had by all for sure.
1. Surprise Party – Grown Ups
2. Badger – This Town Needs Guns
3. Motivational Song – Algernon Cadwallader
4. Rejoice – Andrew Jackson Jihad
5. Some Natures Catch No Plagues – Saetia
6. Fabric – Age Sixteen
7. Careful With That Fax Machine – Rumah Sakit
8. Fatefully – Hot Cross
9. Falling In Love With Your Best Friend – Paul Baribeau
10. Otter Pop! Pop! Pop! (Tierra Luna) - Trinitron Meets the Mars People
11. Part of Your Body Is Made Out of Rock – Piebald
12. Dead Girlfriends Can’t Breakup With You – The Flaming Tsunamis
13. Sleeping False Idol – Giants
14. Don’t Call Me That In Public – Ape Up!
15. Knife Fight at the Mormon Church – The Thirty Years War
16. Free Refills – Lautrec
17. Damaged Goods – La Dispute
18. But the Regrets Are Killing Me – American Football
19. Every Man Has A Molly – Say Anything
20. Bad Scene, Aaron’s Fault - O Pioneers!
21. Daft Krunked – Noumenon
22. Pump Fake – Snowing
23. Sigil – Lights Out Asia
24. Taking Back Sunday – Fiction Like Non-Fiction
25. With Your Eyes Closed – Elements of Something Really Beautiful
26. Demon Woman – Flight of The Conchords
This is a good screamy band from Olympia, Washington. Has a guy from Kidcrash in it, but this is better than Kidcrash in my humble opinion.
Yeah, I didn’t go to russian circles. Kyle was sick
Yeah, I messed up my song order. Get off my back.
I’m the man. I’ve got the tunes. Let’s jam.
Trying to get up and around for Russian Circles, so this’ll further delay that.
1. Orange Cat - Grown Ups
2. If the Jonas Brothers Were From Las Vegas - Like So
3. I Am Orion - Lion of the North
4. Pouch of Hole - Little Kingdoms
5. Trilogy 1 (Sick Cities) - Loma Prieta
6. Fire Burns Squash - Loose Lips Sink Ships
7. A Report: - Majorca
8. Relax and Adapt - Make Me
9. Parked Car - Marquette
10. Well You Damn Well Should - Meet Me In St. Louis
11. Birthday! - Merchant Ships
12. Naitre - Mehai Edrisch
13. Crazy (Willie Nelson) - Mineral
14. Gloaming - Mister Metaphor
15. You Must Deny Me - Mons Wolff
16. Donut Run - My Head in Clouds
17. All of Life is Coming Home - My Heart To Joy
18. Shirts and Skins - Native
19. If She Starts Going All ‘Oprah Winfrey’ On Me I’ll Just Leave
20. Thousands of Angry Bees - Nigel Thornberry
21. Colossal Colossus - North Of America
22. Deans La Deans - Noumenon
23. Saved By The Bell Was A Super Good Show - O Pioneers!!!
24. Caddyshank - Adebisi Shank
25. Climax Of The Virus - After School Knife Fight
26. Now We Rise & We Are Everywhere
27. 4 - Garage Door Toy Car
28. You’re Gonna Need A Bigger Boat - Birth Rites
29. Never Will Come For Us - Braid
30. Merisi - Caitlyn Bailey
31. Narrow Hallways - Castevet
32. I’m Tired of Paul McCartney - Cinemechanica
33. Blood Mouth - Circlepit Assholes
34. Girls Eat Like Squirrels - Clarissa Explains It All
35. The Dusk of Us - Colossal
Some more local bands, some more classics. Another solid week, but what were you expecting? AMIRITE?